Monday, November 19, 2012

Color Has Arrived!

Painting.
Painting.
Painting.
Yes! We've done a lot of painting over the past few weeks. It seems like it has taken a long time to prime all the walls and paint all the ceilings but our efforts have paid off, and color has arrived!
This is Griffin. Since I've been visiting Sherwin-Williams on a regular basis, he didn't call Security when I took his picture. The whole crew at SW has been very helpful!
Color 1:  SW7640 Fawn Brindle
We chose a soft brown/taupe for our master bedroom, closet, and hallway. Even though it looks like wet concrete, it has created a cozy space! I admit, I really liked the name as it references the deer that call noTTafarm home.
I took a vacation day on Monday, November 12th, and completed the first coat.

While I have fun with color, Scott makes his own brand of fun by painting the ceilings. It's a back-breaking task but he did two coats on every new ceiling without so much as a whimper. Good job, Scott!

Color 2: SW6875 Gladiola
I decided that the pantry should be a fun, bright color since it's "my" space and will be mostly behind closed doors. This color is the same deep orangey-pink that I used for the lawn chairs last summer.

Everything started out really well.  What a cheerful color! But, the more I painted, the more I started to second guess my selection. And by the time I was done, I seriously needed these:
Yikes! That paint was bright!

So . . . after church on Sunday, I was back at Sherwin Williams for a new color.
Color 3:  SW7757 Recycled Glass
Two coats of Super Paint later, the pantry was still a cheerful color but without the potential retina damage.
Half-way Done
All Done!

Color 4: SW6394 Sequin
The parlor was painted in August, 2011 in this sunny gold. By painting a portion of the hallway behind the new kitchen this same color, the new and old portions of the house have a connection. 
Beautiful and Bright!

The painting will continue this week. We have a few more colors to add but the bulk of the first floor will be a more subdued color . . . details of which will be revealed in a future post!

Stay Tuned for Our Next Adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment