Saturday, January 5, 2013

Welcome to Dreamland

With the flooring complete and the woodwork finishing almost done, I decided that Saturday would be a great day to set up our new bedroom. Lucky for me, Scott was happy to set aside the stain and polycoating for a day to help move the furniture down the hall.
First, the bed and nightstands were put in position, centered between the two windows on the west wall.
Then, our friends from the Furniture Mart delivered our new mattress! It's going to feel so great to sleep on this new cozy, plush, fluffy, pillowy, soft cloud-of-comfort.
The mattress and new lamps are in place.
On the east wall, we placed this maple vanity/armoire/cabinet that I bought at an outlet in Minneapolis. I was so proud of myself for helping carry this thing up the stairs! We took all of the doors and shelves off first to lighten the load but it was still pretty heavy for an old lady like me. I found the perfect ottoman to use as a stool at Target this afternoon.
The finished sleeping area - all ready for sweet dreams!
Now all we need is to finish the woodwork (including baseboards) and find some window coverings. The to-do list never seems to get any shorter!
Stay Tuned for Our Next Adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment