Sunday, July 1, 2012

Window Dressing

To celebrate the one year anniversary of the new windows being installed in the 1920 portion of the house, I finally decided to stain them.  I know - you're probably asking, "what took you so long?"  The truth is that I was afraid I wouldn't be able to do it up to the standards set by a certain husband of mine.  I'm the kind of gal that says "it's good enough" rather than a "it needs to be perfect."  Since Scott was busy working on the bathroom this weekend, he agreed to let me give it a try.  
 Before:  pretty pine windows, waiting for stain.
 Tools of the Day:  rag, q-tips for the corners, and a dish of wipe-on stain.
The double-hung windows easily fold out for cleaning, so it was a pretty simple task to move them around to reach all of the sides.  Too bad I didn't decide to try this when the weather was cooler!
After:  one coat of stain complete on each of the 10 new windows.
We will most likely add another coat of stain to match the color of the original woodwork, then a coat or two of poly to seal in all the goodness.  
It felt good to be useful, and best of all, Scott gave me his approval!

Stay Tuned for Our Next Adventure!

1 comment: