1. Monday or Tues - plumbing hook-up of hot water to Geothermal.
2. Monday - Wed. - second floor flooring delivery one of those days with installation to follow.
3. Monday - Wed. - alarm system extension hook-up.
4. Wednesday - Counter tops delivery and installation.
5. Thursday - Friday - first-floor floor leveling.
6. Wood trim crew to return after floor leveling to install pantry door, east porch columns, colonnade columns, and misc. wood trim finish.
Each week, a few more tasks are checked off the list. We may not be "done" by Christmas but we're not too far off the mark. In the meantime, we have plenty of work to do including staining, staining, staining!
While I painted the majority of the 1920 stairwell (a task made more difficult by the tight space,) Scott made good progress staining the windows and deck door in our new bedroom. We need to concentrate on the woodwork upstairs in anticipation of having floors installed later this week! After the bamboo debacle of last week, we re-selected the second floor flooring, settling on a beautiful solid Acacia wood.
The flooring is similar to the illustration above, and will offer a nice transition to the heart pine flooring in the 1920 portion of the house.
Stay Tuned for Our Next Adventure!