Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Hey! I Painted the Library!

Well, OK - Scott helped, too.  He was my cheerful cutter-inner while I took care of rolling on two coats of a deep gold.  The Library (actually, the 1972 living room) is now resplendent Sherwin Williams Super Paint (Satin) 6395 "Alchemy".
 Alchemy is just the right shade of greeny-dirty-gold to enhance the library's dark wood beams.  I think this color is right on trend while giving a nod to the room's 1970's roots.  Not quite Harvest Gold but almost.

Part way through the south wall, the drama begins to unfold. 

The mood in the room grew dark when I broke Scott's favorite lamp. 
I hooked my hip on the cherry side table and sent our hammered iron table lamp onto the floor. What a crash!  The glass lampshade smashed to smithereens and left nice gouges in the table top and the arm of the sofa.  Luckily, rather than divorce me, Scott ordered a replacement shade through the manufacturer which should arrive in a week or so.

 The paint looks great!  Now I can dig out the "pretties" and the artwork, purchase a few curtains, and have one room almost 100% done!

Stay Tuned for Our Next Adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment