Sunday, June 12, 2011

Just When You Thought It Was Safe . . .

. . . more plaster had to come out!

Scott consulted with a drywall contractor last week, asking for a bid to install drywall upstairs and in the stairwell.  We had to remove a bit more plaster and lath in order to have smooth transitions between what little original plaster remains and the new drywall. 

Scott put me to work, chipping the plaster off two sides of the chimney.  We think it will be neat to have some exposed brick on the second floor.  This has been the plan all along but when faced with the tedious task, I started to second guess the importance of this "architectural feature."  I hope that the folks that eventually stay in our new guest room appreciate my hours and hours of forearm-building labor.
After about an hour and a half of chiseling, I'm about one-eighth finished.  Needless to say, I'll update you later on my progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment