Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Word to the Wise about Drywall Installation

When Scott made me responsible for taking the plaster out of the bedrooms upstairs, he warned me that keeping the floors protected was paramount.  He didn't want any big chunks of plaster crashing down, gouging the 90-year old solid Douglas Fir planks.  I was very diligent about moving sheets of cardboard around as I worked, and I got to be a pro at using the shop-vac to try and keep the dust corralled. 

Enter the villain in my little tale. <cue sinister music>

The drywall guys apparently don't share Scott's zeal for protecting perfectly good floors.

Always cover your floors before having drywall installed.  Excess joint compound just lands anywhere.

Oh well.  At least I have something to do now.  Anyone with a flexible scraper/putty knife and a few spare hours is welcome to hang out with me...bonus:  you can sit down while you do this task.

No comments:

Post a Comment