Monday, December 26, 2016

Holiday Decor Updates

During the first week of December, the annual ritual of Christmas decorating begins. The tubs come out of storage and the thinking begins. Although I use the same things over and over, I try to switch them up a bit.

I pinned a red pom on the end of the deer's nose again but the mantel is dressed with thick garland wound with mercury glass lights. We've had the lights beneath the mantle for years; the shades are pierced galvanized metal.
The toy farm wagon I bought during Junk Jaunt this September is filled with pine cones and silver sparkly picks. Under the entry hall table, I filled a new galvanized pot with greenery sprigs and added a red woven ribbon. The little inverted crate is the perfect pedestal for the top hat tree topper I bought on clearance a few years ago.

The incubator tray features an oval picture frame (another $1 Junk Jaunt find) that I spray painted gray. I found this cute vintage image of a fawn on the internet and added the script "Peace." A simple print on card stock fit the frame beautifully.
Our tree this year is another beautiful Frasier fir. Trimming the tree is always fun when I find my stash of post-Christmas-clearance bargains in the bins of ornaments. I love the mix of decorations we've collected over the last 30 years.
We Hope Your Holiday Was Holly Jolly!
Stay Tuned for Our Next Adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment