Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Easter Sunday

Scott and I played host and hostess for the Camp family on Easter Sunday (April 5). We had ham (surprise!) and turkey and bourbon-glazed carrots and au gratin potatoes and so much more . . . whew! I think I'm still full! To top it off, Marita brought lemon meringue pie and chocolate sheet cake to share. It was quite a meal! The day before, The Newlyweds (Pat and Kathleen) spent the day at noTTafarm. Pat helped Scott clear more dead limbs and trees from the grove east of the barn while Kathleen attacked my pre-Easter to-do list. She was an excellent helper; she mixed, rolled, baked and dipped a batch of Kahlua Wafers (the Camp kids' favorites) and made deviled eggs. It was great to have an extra pair of hands in the kitchen!

Of course, as with many events, I didn't have the presence of mind to snap many photos - but I did manage to capture one of our great niece Sophie. Her uncle Pat and aunt Kathleen hid a few eggs outside so she could experience a wind-blown hunt at noTTafarm.
The dining table centerpiece was a Pinterest find . . . Scott snipped lengths of twigs for me (very precisely, of course) and I hot glued them to a popcorn tin, then added a little jute twine as a ribbon. The container was perched atop the big pine slice last used as the wedding cake platter. With the addition of a moss-covered bird and a faux nest, the centerpiece turned out quite cute!

We hope you had a wonderful holiday with your family, too.
Stay Tuned for Our Next Adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment