Thursday, March 6, 2014

Putting the "Fun" in Fundraiser

Each year, the Food Bank for the Heartland hosts a Celebrity Chef Event as a major fundraiser. Over 900 people attended this evening's presentation by Iron Chef and The Chew contributor, Michael Symon. I was lucky enough to be invited by our friend Janis (otherwise known as one of the four little girls that grew up here.)  The cooking demonstration was very entertaining, and the live auction was lively but the real joy of the evening for me was getting to sit next to and chat with Janis' mom, Doris. In between sips of wine and bites of delicious food, she shared more stories about noTTafarm's colorful past. 
Kristin, Janis, and Doris
Janis' sisters Nancy, Denise, and Juli also attended but, as usual, I wasn't smart enough to grab my phone and take a group photo. I hope all of them feel welcome to visit their old stompin' grounds sometime soon!
Stay Tuned for Our Next Adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment