Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Christmas Baking is More Fun with a Crowd!

One of the things I promised myself I would do when the new addition was finished was entertain friends and family more often. Lucky for me, I have a great group of friends with an affinity for baking. What better way to spend a Sunday afternoon than by spreading some Christmas cheer - along with some buttercream? The new kitchen, with its over-sized peninsula, offered plenty of room for everyone. We frosted, dipped, baked, and sneaked a few bites in between. 
Sheryl, Christine, and Amy B. try their hands at frosting sugar cookies. I baked a double-batch Saturday night so they were ready to go Sunday afternoon. This was Sheryl's first visit to noTTafarm after listening to me yap about it at work for the past three and some-odd years. I hope she comes back soon!
Meredith's mom, Leigh Anne, and I used to spend hours each holiday frosting cookies for our World-Herald clients back in the olden days. I'm glad to see that Meredith has picked up her Mommy's piping talents!
Brenna turned 5 a few weeks ago, and did a great job of frosting.
Megan brought along all the fixings for Peanut Butter Balls which she created then shared with all of us. Sadly, my photo of Megan is a bit fuzzy but yes, those are kitties on her sweater!
Official Friend of noTTafarm, Amy B., surveys part of the day's bounty. She dipped pretzels and frosted her share of cookies (plus brought Brenna along for a big dose of "cute" for all to enjoy.)
Leigh Anne and Meredith

Merry Christmas, Ladies! 
I'm so lucky to have such wonderful, creative, and talented friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment